The Old Town Hall
The Old Town Hall is located in the middle of the Old town of Ebeltoft and was built in 1789 approximately at the same location where the first city hall stood in 1576. The city hall was used until 1840 after it became too small and a new was build on the town square, where today the art association of Ebeltoft is located. The old city hall was a private apartment for some years, but also the guardians of the city and the fire department once were placed in this building. After restoration in 1909, the building now hosts the museum of Ebeltoft, where one can see the guardians room, the Molbo Room, the Tinge room and the dungeon.
The tinge room is often used for wedding ceremonies so that it often is closed to the visitors of the museum on Saturday mornings.